Wednesday, August 13, 2008

alt.conspiracy.area51

I've just been alerted to the fact that alt.conspiracy.area51 still exists! I thought newsgroups were a relic of the 1990s! There aren't a lot of postings, but one of them said something about my possible reemergence, so I was seduced into generating a posting of my own. Here it is:
Newsgroups: alt.conspiracy.area51
From: Psychospy
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 11:06:45 -0700 (PDT)
Local: Wed, Aug 13 2008 11:06 am
Subject: Psychospy's Back!

That's right, Psychospy is back after a ten-year Rip van Winkle snooze and BOY IS HE PISSED!

Look at how this whole field has degenerated! We got to whip you lame-ass couch potatoes back into shape! Who's monitoring the border? What's in the sky. What's been happening with the radio traffic? Answers, I want answers!

Actually, I'm perfectly happy without any answers. It was always the PROCESS that I found most interesting. F*ck the aliens I say! They're not bothering us, so why should we bother them?

You may notice one thing that's changed in the past 10 years: I've shifted from the second-person ("we" and "us") to the first person ("me" and "I"), with some occasional lapses into the third person for literary effect ("Psychospy is back"). It's just easier that way. This is going to be a LOW ENERGY insurrection from now on. One of the reasons I got out of Area 51 is that is just became too much. I burned out on all the tasks I created for myself. Now, I'm not going to get obligated to anything. I'll pursue what amuses me and blow off what doesn't. There will be no big battles or major projects this time, only idle bemusement at the wonder of it all.

I've created a new "blog", which I gather is all the rage these days.

http://area51interceptors.blogspot.com


This will be my primary organ for communication. You can "RSS" it or cross-post it or whatever you young people do with blogs these days. It doesn't matter to me. (Please note, however, that I may fine-tune my postings for a few days after they are first published, so you should always try to refer people back to the original blog source.)

I'm not sure what I will do with this new medium. Mostly dwell on the past, I imagine. My financial resources are very thin (i.e. I'm now "poor" like the rest of you.), so I can't physically scope out the border anymore. The most I can do is type, type, type, from my secure undisclosed location. I'll try to pull things together as best I can, perhaps with the help of some of you who do have resources to poke around.

So link yourself up with the blog, send me some email, and we'll see what develops.

Psychospy (aka Kilroy)

No comments:

Post a Comment